Xynomix Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) respects your privacy and is committed to the protection of personal data and the rights of data subjects, in compliance with relevant laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any data protection, electronic communications or e-privacy laws, rules or guidance that are in force in the UK, including the Data Protection Act 1998 or any successor legislation.
Our registered office is at Electron House, Bridge Street, Sandiacre, Nottingham, NG10 5BA and we are a company registered in Scotland under company number 4375429. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number ZA095658, and act as the data controller when processing your data gathered via use of our website or services. Our contact details for data control are as follows: [email protected].
You can be assured that should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 23rd May 2018. We may change this policy occasionally by updating this page. Please ensure you check this page from time to time so that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any form of information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, such as:
- Identity & Contact Data this may include your name, job title, business name, email address or phone number.
- Interaction Data which may include the content of enquiries made via our contact form, support requests logged online, by email, by phone, or via Xynomix Helpdesk, details of registrations for events or responses to surveys/feedback requests.
- Usage Data which may include information about how you use our website, products or services.
- Technical Data which may include your IP address, browser type and version, geographic location, operating system and other information about the devices you use to access our website.
- Marketing Data which may include your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
How we collect your data
We use different methods to collect data from you and about you, including:
Direct Interaction – you may give us your Identity & Contact Data by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes filling in forms on our website to submit an enquiry, register for an event, or respond to a survey and by logging a support request online, by phone, email, or via Xynomix Helpdesk.
Automated Technologies – as you use our website we may automatically collect Technical Data about your device, user behaviour and interactions by using cookies, server logs or other technologies.
Third Parties – we may receive Technical Data from third party services such as:
- Analytics providers, such as Google
- Advertising networks
- Search information and other data providers
Where data is obtained from third party suppliers, we ensure that these suppliers use the necessary level of protection for your information and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
How we use your data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To process a support request. We may use your personal data to respond to a support request in order to carry out the performance of a contract.
- To process an enquiry. We may use your personal data to respond to any enquiry you may have about our products or services.
- To register you for an event. We may use your personal data to contact you regarding an event you have registered for.
- To improve our website. We may use your personal data to make improvements to our website based on your usage and technical data.
- We may occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it may be beneficial to you and in our legitimate interests. Such information will be non-intrusive, and you have the right to opt-out at any time.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We will not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. We may use third-parties to provide additional services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf will only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.