- We worked with a partner who specialises in government-grade systems and solutions on behalf of the Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- The MOD needed a fully-secure Oracle database capable of transferring highly-classified data between separate sites with less than one-second latency
- Our partner did not have the specialist Oracle database skills as they were focused on supporting the client’s software applications
- They brought in Xynomix consultants to architect a database capable of securely and reliably processing and transferring large volumes of classified data
We developed a modern environment using an Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) and a robust information lifecycle management strategy.
We began by discussing the suitability of Oracle-based options that would meet the client’s needs. The solutions we recommended were chosen for the levels of scalability and resilience they offered, as well as the core ability of such a system to meet the vast transfer demands of highly classified data within a sub-one-second timeframe.
Both partner and client were involved at all levels and at each stage of the project, to ensure that the stringent specifications were met.
The skills we used throughout the project included: Oracle RAC, RAC tuning, design and implementation of information lifecycle management, full documentation, skills transfer and troubleshooting.
- By engaging dependable Oracle specialists, the project was completed on time, within budget and with a satisfactory sign-off from both the client and software solutions provider
- The partner was confident that their software solution will operate effectively
- All data transfer demands were met
- The system remains secure, scalable and resilient