Based in Sandiacre, Nottingham, Xynomix is a UK leader in delivering outstanding B2B professional services. We’re a technical business driven by technology and a desire to go over and above for our customers. Our innovative company is at a pivotal point in its journey and this year promises large growth for us and as a result we are now searching for a highly motivated and experienced Oracle Database Administrator to help deliver customer projects.
5 reasons to work at Xynomix
- We’re known for delivering the best database consultancy in the market and have unrivalled customer retention and satisfaction rates.
- We’re a happy bunch of people who are flexible and family friendly. Our company culture is the reason we are able to deliver to the standard that we do. We’re a real team here – we respect one another, help each other out and have a laugh along the way!
- One of biggest strengths often reported by our employees are our directors and management team. Company culture starts at the top. No dinosaurs here.
- We offer paid leave and resources for our technical team to up-skill. We’re the database experts.. and we want to keep it that way. What’s better than working with other experts just like you?
- We’ve got big plans with lots of customer projects to deliver so now is a great time to join Xynomix.
The job requirement is for a highly motivated and experienced Oracle Database Administrator; with client-facing experience and a good communicator who can work independently or as part of a team. This is a hybrid working position with headquarters in Nottingham, UK, with skills required to assist in the smooth running of the support desk and consultancy projects; whilst adhering to company best practices and customer Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Description of duties:
Xynomix provide a managed service to our clients and as part of our team you will be involved in the following activities:
- The day-to-day support, troubleshooting and administration of customers Oracle database(s) and IT infrastructure, as part of the First and Second line support structure
- Liaising directly with customers to assist in problem resolution
- Use of the Xynomix call handling system to receive, investigate and document the resolution of support issues generated by customers and the Xynomix monitoring system
- Environment architect responsibilities, providing clients with recommendations for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Mentoring the junior members of staff
- Provide technical assistance to internal members of staff for fault resolution, and consultancy requirements
- Creation of technical documentation for internal and external use, including qualification of customer requirements.
- Join the company’s ‘On Call’ rota, providing 24×7 support to Xynomix customers
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- A minimum of 10 plus years experience of administering Oracle database technologies, ranging from version 10g to 18c/19c/21c
- An excellent working knowledge of the following Oracle products:
- Oracle installation & configuration
- Oracle RMAN
- Oracle DataGuard
- Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Datapump (including Export/Import)
- SQL & PL/SQL language
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (desired)
- Performance tuning (Stats Pack, AWR)
- Oracle patching
- Oracle Weblogic (desired)
- Oracle Cloud Experience (desired)
- Knowledge of the following operating systems
- Microsoft Windows
- Oracle Certification (OCA, OCP, OCM, OCI) (desired)
- Experience working in an SLA support structure
- Salary dependant upon experience
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Work-based Pension (NEST)
- Out of Hours work payments
- Dedicated training package (10 days per year)
To apply please use the form below to submit your covering letter (in the ‘message’ field) and upload your CV. If you have not heard back from us within 10 working days you have unfortunately not been successful.